Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing a transgo and clutches, no converter though. will it be safe to drive around for a bit without resetting the taps??

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
yes, reseting them will speed up the learing process though. no harm if you dont do it thrugh

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
It doesn't do much good trying to reset Taps in an '01 anyways. They do not cooperate. Why no converter? I hope you changed the stator bushing in the pump support.
mike

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I havent done anything yet i will be doin in may. Im doin no converter cause i dont have the ccash and im not planning on that much power somethin in the 120-150 range. Im goin to do transgo, converter boost valve and upgrade c2 and c3 clutches and that should be fine i feel. Plus i will make sure i back off the power in OD if im goin down the highway for a long time

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Personally, I'd say save your money and run less power. Without a converter you will not really gain much of anything.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
What power level are you aiming for? A single disk TC would probably work well if your not really going to turn it up.

I reset my taps one at a time,one at a time, one at a time,one at a time,one at a time,one at a time, one at a time,one at a time,one at a time,one at a time, one at a time,one at a time........You get the drill

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
like i said 120-150 range i want a little smoke and beable to beat anything that come my way
Missed that :eek::

You need to really get at least a single disk converter to get the power to the ground.Eventually the stock one will give up too at that level.

Then you have to drop the transmission again.The labor is the killer

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im doin it all myself. Start at 4 in the morning and hopefully have it done by midnight. Ive dropped a tranny out before. Have a tranny jack and 2 5ton cranes so i think the gettin out will be easy. As far as the converter if i can get one cheap i will get it if not, I mean if converter lasts for 20000k that be fine then all i have to do next time is pull tranny back and throw new converter in.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
You wont be getting the power to the ground.

Have at it,but remember we told you so. ;)

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i might have found a converter and i will keep looking till the time i get the upgrade. I will make an effort to get a cheap converter then.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
MIKE is always trying to help out a guy you just got to love him

1 - 18 of 18 Posts