Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if a Snap on SOLUS can reset the TAPS? If not are there any other scanners that can do it?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks

·
Registered
374 Posts
Not sure about the Solus, but I know the Snap-On Modus can. Just another option.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that thing is un godly expensive though.

·
Registered
374 Posts
ya we got one at my shop, like $8,000 but if you knew someone with one you would be set.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've been wanting to do this but didn't know what exactly needs to be done :confused:

I just took my truck to my dealer last weekend, and I told them I wanted the tranny TCM put into fast learn or reset, didn't know exactly what they called it. Well I then go and talk to the tech since I knew the kid, and I asked can you reset the tap cells, and he's like we can't do that, we don't have the software? I'm thinking huh? So who would have this software to do this? The reset seemed to help some, but I would just like to start from scratch....

·
Registered
777 Posts
I've been wanting to do this but didn't know what exactly needs to be done :confused:

I just took my truck to my dealer last weekend, and I told them I wanted the tranny TCM put into fast learn or reset, didn't know exactly what they called it. Well I then go and talk to the tech since I knew the kid, and I asked can you reset the tap cells, and he's like we can't do that, we don't have the software? I'm thinking huh? So who would have this software to do this? The reset seemed to help some, but I would just like to start from scratch....
any updated tech 2 will do this reset ! you just have to access the right screen and go through the reset function !!!!!!! ;)
any tech 2 at the dealership will work to do this for you !! all the dealers tech 2 ' s are always updated !!!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
any updated tech 2 will do this reset ! you just have to access the right screen and go through the reset function !!!!!!! ;)
any tech 2 at the dealership will work to do this for you !! all the dealers tech 2 ' s are always updated !!!!!
Well at least I somewhat had an idea, makes me feel a little bit better! Looks like I need to find someone with an updated Tech 2 I guess as this kid is supposed to be the "Diesel guy" at the dealership...

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chebby where are you located?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm gonna throw this in there!!! Can I reset my trans with the retrain mode on my Quad tunner once I get my kit installed or do I need a tech 2???

·
Registered
777 Posts
learning ......

I'm gonna throw this in there!!! Can I reset my trans with the retrain mode on my Quad tunner once I get my kit installed or do I need a tech 2???
the best way is the tech 2 :) ......... or just let it learn itself -:t

you can try the quad, but i dont think your going to be happy ....

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how do you get the allison DOC?

Is that a hand held programmer type of thing or is that a roll up computer, with a special link.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cool I live in Chillicothe, 10 minutes north of peoria.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Best bet is to use the tech2(short of the allison stuff) and go through each TAP cell and clear it individually.

My snapon scanner would do a 03(or 1/2 the time kinda sorta anyway) Duno if it would do a LLY?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Mike L.,

What is the allison doc? How much? where Can I buy one?

My mechanic chris has a modus computer, has pretty much any and every software program from snap-on.

Will This Help?

Is there a step by step process somewhere that I can print off? Or is this one of those shop secrets?
Need Help! I'm a month away from a level 4 and I think I'm going to try it at my own shop. I don't know if this is smart, however, my shop mechanic really wants to learn an install. (yes, I do trust Him):ro)

My biggest concern is the learning phase of this tranny. this seems to be the biggest problem of any self-install on this site.

Thanks for all the info!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Won't EFI Live do it with this upcoming version? Good toy to have anyway since you are getting a trans and have other go fast goodies.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts