Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have followed the owners manual procedure for resetting the oil change interval message of turning key to RUN and then depressing the pedal three times. The indicator is supposed to flash, indicating it is reset. The manual says if this procedure does not work, to take it to the dealer. This has worked numerous times for me in the past, but won't work now. Question: Does anyone know of any other way to reset the message without taking it to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Do you have the buttons onthe steering wheel? When my OLM went to 0%, I just pushed the reset button on the steering wheel for 2 seconds and it reset to 100%.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
382 Posts
I believe on the lly's you have to depress the pedal 5 or 6 times instead of 3 like the older gm vehicles.

Procedure: key on---- depress pedal 5-6 times---- key off

Hope this works for you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have to unhook the edge on mine for it to reset

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have to try multiple times before it works. This is a common problem IIRC. I have found that if you do it when you first get in the truck before you do anything else it helps. Same problem with the High Idle.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had to do the turning the key to RUN and then depressing the pedal three times a couple of times before it reset. Never does it on the first try.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Three depressions and it clears on my 05 never had an issue. Check you book if you have it they mention about having the stealer reset the oil change message if you go past the change interval.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts