Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you reset the light if you don't have the "fuel information" feature. I've messed with the odometer tried the ignition/brake pedal tap routine, can't figure it out. any help would be appreciated.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
It is in the diesel engine supplement. Turn the key all the way forward but do not start. Within 5 seconds push the gas pedal to the floor 3 times. The oil reset life should iluminate where your milage is dispalyed. You might have to try a couple of times.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10-4 I'll give it a try. I appreciate the info.

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
I've had my truck for two years and 66,000 miles and still get aggrivated trying to reset it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It now pops up reset oil life, will it reset after driving it? Do you have to do any other steps?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I hate having to reset the light on my truck as well. It always takes numerous tries. You know it is reset when the light no longer comes on after start up. It is a pain for sure...

·
Registered
29 Posts
The oil change before last I intentionally did not reset the oil life indicator. Wanted to see how many miles would make it come on. Answer, about 7K.

Since the truck had 35,9xx miles on it, I took it to the dealer for service. Just a few odds and ends to take care of while under warranty, and had them change the oil as well. Their mechanic had one heck of a time resetting it. Eventually he hooked up a programmer and still took him a few tries.

That night when I got home a Juice box w/Attitude from John Kennedy was waiting for me. Don't plan on visting the Dealer again any time soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts