Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

You guys missed a great day, I did not put our new LBZ on the rack but watched the other trucks. This should have been called a Cummings
convention!! Mike has a new Engine Dyno that he is installing and I can't wait to see this one in action. Everyone one was in a good mood and we had a few good laughts when Mike gave the one Dodge too much boost and killed her, everyone made that oooooooh sound, Mike was laughing in the truck and the owner had a priceless look on his face. The owner was a good sport and we did get a good shot of his goofing off pointing at them trying to get the truck restarted. Lot's of black smoke with a few of the trucks. JohnE will probably be posting the reports. We did have a 03 duramax that did a good run I'll have to look at the photos to get his stats.

This event had over 100 people come through the day with a standing crowd of 30+ people most of the time. The food was great and everyone had a great time. I gave JohnE the photos today that I took, so he will have them posted on Mike's website soon. We need more Duramax's at these events guys. Ours will be good and broke in so we will run her the next time.:grd:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was there for about a half an hour in the afternoon. I was passing through town on the way to Forks. I had mine dynoed last June when i had mike do my exhaust and chip. 384.9rwhp and 715tq. I haven't been running the chip lately, been in and out of the dealer alot. Trying to figure out what, when, and where to do my tranny. There were alot of cool rigs there on saturday, probably should of come earlier and stayed longer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey FarmerDan,

My wife and I were the ones wearing our black cowboy hats, so we were easy to pickout with all the ball caps in the place:) .

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was there about 3 or 4 in the afternoon, i had on a black sweatshirt and a bud light hat. Was the dodge mike killed on the dyno a white extended cab that sat up in front of the dyno for awhile?? Twin turbo i think, pretty impressive set up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes, the Dodge that Mike both killed with cavitated fuel and closed with a blown intercooler boot is the white truck in front of the dyno.
Scotty changed out the BD injectors with some Scheid extreme for the second run.

Thumper;
Thanks again for the disc with your photos. I haven't had the chance to sort and downsize for posting without killing the people on dial up service.

Dyno results posted on Mike's and my personal web sites. I'll probably post different photos on my site & Mike's site.
http://gra.midco.net/johne/MN-ND-Mar2006.html
http://www.mikescustomtrucks.com/results.php

Josh Peters posted many of the photos he took on the MNTDR website
http://www.mntdr.org/northwood.php

The Duramax that ran hit good numbers in spite of fighting the Allison ECM that just doesn't understand a good old dyno run.

Cheers;

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey John,

Hope you can use them, we are over in Superior for the pizza party
tomorrow. I'll take a couple shots if they let me stay:))

I would have reduced the photos but I had to get Buttercup
to the gun show):h . Catch you later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts