Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has replaced the factory sub. I'm upgrading the stock speakers- 6.5" seperates in doors, 1 10"sub behind seat. I just saw a 6 1/2" JL sub i was thinking about using in the factory location. Anyone ever done this before? If so was it even worth it? I know there is a JL Stealthbox that fits this location but you lose the AC for the back seat so I'm not interested.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I have seen a mag put a 10 or a 8 in the factory location i the center console

·
Premium Member
20,558 Posts
I have seen a mag put a 10 or a 8 in the factory location i the center console
Are you sure about that? You cant fit an 8 or 10" sub in a hole designed for a 6.25"...

·
Registered
693 Posts
They probably had to redo the center console, maybe one of the "stealth" Boxes

·
Registered
826 Posts
Some people I work with are very serious stereo guys. They have in depth knowledge of the Bose systems. They said the stock sub is actually a good piece. It is the amp that drives it that is not very good. In addition to that they said the stock Bose amp would not do well with an aftermarket sub. I do not know, something about the ohms. Sorry to throw up a red flag and not have complete info, but you may want to do some additional investigation before spending $

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
.........They said the stock sub is actually a good piece. It is the amp that drives it that is not very good. ........
Thats why some of us have done the LUX upgrade. :D

·
Registered
317 Posts
what years had a sub factory? got mine used, loaded, never noticed a sub, where should I look to verify I dont?

my wifes SUV had one factory, made all the difrance.

·
Registered
826 Posts
If you have the Bose system it is buried in the center console. Not certain if you have one (or where they put it) if you have a bench

·
Registered
825 Posts
I still wonder why everyone spends so much money on these factory Bose systems when you can go aftermarket and get 100x better sound for less money and less hassle.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's just it I'm replacing everything else and it seems like I shouldn't let this space go to waste. I like the sound the stock sub puts out from its location so I figured I could do better w/ something else like JL in its place. I'm wondering if anyone out there has done it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts