Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good pair of tow mirrors to replace the elephant ear style. I have search the web and saw ones that manual extend and others that don't extend at all. Not sure if the non extendable ones will allow for good rear view of traffic while pulling a trailer. The ones I've found that do extend have a extension between 18" and 22", which will work but, not sure if they are stable with minimal vibration.
What are you running and what's your thoughts over extendable over non.
TIA

·
Registered
940 Posts
running stock

extendable is only choice IMO:thumb:

just got a set of OEM 3500 from a late model LML

be careful with inexpensive aftermarket

pretty they may be... but it (your view) looks like an earthquake when you are towing:bounce:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I currently have the clip-on's, which clip over the current OEM's. The extensions are only a few inches beyond the normal mirror 18 inches total. Boost Auto has very nice pair of tow trailer mirrors but their max extension is 18 inches. Need more than that to see around the trailer. A1 Auto Parts has generic looking mirror by Trail Ridge with electric mirror control and heated glass like the OEM, minus electric fold (I think), parking assist and memory. They are 18 inches and extend out to 22 inches. This should allow for enough extension to get the view required. Prices are comparable if no fancy extras are added. (day time running lights and turn signal fronts and rear reverse LED lighting.)
Any thoughts,

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the extendable set from Rock Auto. Has all the same functions as the factory set. They are no more vibration happy than my buddies stock mirrors on his truck of the same year.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Can not beat the elephant ear mirrors. No vibes, spot mirror leaves no blind spots running solo and are great for trailering around sharp turns and seeing where your trailer tires are and where you do not want them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts