Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any acceptable shocks for our trucks other than Bilsteins & Ranchos? Later! Frank

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think you'll probably find that's where most of us have spent our money, on those 2 brands. Do you dislike them for some reason, or are you just looking for more options?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Jim. I have only used Monroes & Gabrials in the past with good results. I have a 4X4 but don't do much off roading now days. I am more interested in a smooth ride. Later! Frank

·
Registered
403 Posts
I've had Monroe's, Rancho's, and now Bilstiens. The Bilstiens are the best for towing, IMHO. They all but eliminated the "porposing" (sp?) when towing the 5ver.....

·
Registered
540 Posts
Have the Monroes on my Dad's 90 K2500. Less than 60k on the truck total! Less than 20k on the Monroes and one is shot. He only drives the truck to the store and church. Never even been in 4x4 mode.

No Monroes on trucks for me. Bilsteins rule!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Frank Blum said:
No Jim. I have only used Monroes & Gabrials in the past with good results. I have a 4X4 but don't do much off roading now days. I am more interested in a smooth ride. Later! Frank
The Rancho 9000's are adjustable, so you can determine exactly how you want your truck to ride. For me, that's an indispensable feature.

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
My very good friend (my doctor) has had a few 4x4 Suburbans. He eats shocks for breakfast, meaning he is very very tuff on them. We have had Bilstiens, Tockico, Rancho, Edlebrock. He has broken at least one in every set i have installed for him. Last week we installed a set of Monroes (the gold ones,cant think of name). He says the ride is better than anything he has had yet. Will they last? At 80mph down a washboard road in Mexico, i kind of have my doubts. lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, Guys. I am a brand new member, and this is my first post on the Dieselplace. The second accessory I bought for my D/A was a set of Rancho RS 9000 adjustable shocks (the first was a Rhino Liner). This is the third truck I have had, and I immediately replaced the stock shocks with Ranchos on all three trucks. Frank, I see you tow - the adjustable shocks are great in that situation. When you don't have a load, set them at a low number for nice ride, when you are hauling, set them to a high number for the load. My previous truck had 78,000+ miles on the Ranchos, most of those with a pop top camper and pulling a trailer. I never noticed a change in the ride over those 78,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Hey Frank I went with 2 different shocks. Like you I pull a 5er. So I put Rancho 9000's on the rear with the airbags and Bilsteins on the front. Proves to be a nice combo and I have 2 kids that love to adjust the Rancho's for me!!!!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I looked at the Monroes and Gabrials today. When I got back to my computer, I ordered Ranchos. Thanks all. Later! Frank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts