Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see many forum members have installed a different grill on their trucks. I like the look of the one MaxPower has pics of in his garage. I am thinking of getting one but have a few questions:

1. Doesn't the aftermarket grill decrease airflow and create overheat problems?
  2. Do you replace the entire grill or is it just an insert? Hard to install?
  3. I couldn't find a forum vendor who sells them - do you know of one or can you direct me to a manufacturer who does?

Any recommendations and pics would be nice. If you have a pic in your "garage" let me know and I will visit it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I just bought a Carriageworks and its the kind you have to cut the stock plastic out to screw in. I havent installed it yet, but I understand the easy bolt overs can cause overheating. Im in Colo. so thats not generally an issue , but I tow over passes so I got the bolt in. The bars are spaced pretty good to avoid overheating. Ask the company you are considering buying from about this. Carriageworks told me they space them wider to avoid this problem. Some grills have more bars for a more custom look. I taped mine to the grill and I think it will look awesome when i install it.
I did a search on the net for "billet grilles" and got several places. I bought local, just so I could reject it if I didnt like it.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I just installed one on my 04. hope to have updated pics in garage this weekend. got mine off ebay it is the cut-out style seems to be good quality, thick bars that don't bend

1 - 3 of 3 Posts