Diesel Place banner

replacement block heater plug

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  nmseabass 
#1 ·
Well wasn't cuatious on where i routed my cord for my block heater..and well some how it managed to come loose and well aparently ended up under the wheel..and thus now it is gone..long gone.the cord is still hanging down below. I have a cord off a ford-:t but hey it was free..i was just goin to splice it back together with some sotter and heatshrink..any idea which wire connects to what other wire. thanks for the help ahead of time

#2 ·
The cord from the heater will have 3 wires on it. The 2 outside wires will be for the power and center one is the ground. One of the outside wires will have a tracer on it, either as a ridge of insulation or white lettering or both. That is the neutral wire. The power wire will be the other wire. It's important that you connect the wires correctly. If you connect the power wire and the neutral wire backwards, there's a chance that you may energize the truck body. If that happens you might be in for the shock of your life. Hopes this helps.

#3 ·
well it's ac voltage..so as long as i don't cross one of the two outsides with the middle one i should be ok...hell i should just take it in for warranty i just don't think they'll replace it since it was technically my fault even though it was their fault that they didn't run the wires out for me..haha thanks for all the input

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.