Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced both of my batteries in my 03 Silverado 2500hd 6.6l, I got back into the truck it started fine. I noticed my aftermarket pioneer radio was not lighting up at all I tried turning it on and nothing. I also noticed I have no door chimes at all. iv pulled the radio out to look at the fuse behind it, it is good. I also checked the fuse for radio and radio amp in the hood. I even used a multi-meter to see if the radios wiring harness was getting power and it is. I don't think it is a wiring problem just because nothing was touched. once again I changed both batteries and now the radio wont turn on.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
When I installed my Pioneer AVH4000NEX in my truck, I used a PacAudio RP3-GM11, and I must of accidentally shorted the power out line, as I managed to burn one of the traces on the power supply circuit board off (part of the RP3-GM11). I was able to fix it by soldering a wire to replace the trace...

Maybe also check the ground for the radio, if you've confirmed that the power supply wire going into the radio is getting 12V.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
it still sounds like a basic power problem, as since you have chimes, that means you are using a wiring harness adapter with that feature (a small computer with a speaker) that is totally separate from the radio. If that also isn't working, it's power/ground or bad connection to the vehicles data bus.

If you've confirmed that the radio is getting power and ground, then it's either on or it's broken.

Maybe carry the radio over to the battery and hook up test leads directly from the battery to the radio power and ground and see what happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I installed my Pioneer AVH4000NEX in my truck, I used a PacAudio RP3-GM11, and I must of accidentally shorted the power out line, as I managed to burn one of the traces on the power supply circuit board off (part of the RP3-GM11). I was able to fix it by soldering a wire to replace the trace...

Maybe also check the ground for the radio, if you've confirmed that the power supply wire going into the radio is getting 12V.
i checked the ground and it is good, do you have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
did you hook the radio directly to the battery and see if it works then?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts