Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the forum. Hoping to pick up our new 2004 2500HD tommorrow and have this dilema. I have a choice of 2 trucks. One has the OEM NON-tilt mirrors and the other has the OEM tilt, turn signal, etc mirrors. I know from research that I can swap out them OEM tilt for the OEM Camper mirros without much trouble. MY big question is this: Does anyone know if I can swap the NON-tilt mirrors for the camper mirrors and still have all the functions like turn signals, power extend, etc? The NON-tilt mirrors are power adjust with heat from what I understand, but do not have turn signals or other stuff.

Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think you have to start with the power adjust, heat, turn signal, power folding mirror to easily convert to the power extending, heat, turn signal variety. Took my dealer about an hour to change mine. I suspect that the non power folding are not compatable as that control is what is used to extend/retract. Get the trailer mirrors, you will love them

·
Registered
473 Posts
You might send a PM to tophog, he is a Authorized Vendor on this Forum. He sells some of the GM extendable mirrors. He may be able to give you the info you need.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
rp43fan,

All things being equal. I would get the power mirrors.

If you are looking at getting the GM power extending camper mirrors, Take a close look at them before you spend the cash. While being able to push a button to extend them is cool and mine don't vibrate excessivly while extended, in my situation they suck. My TT is only 22'long and 8' wide (I think)
. IMHO the mirrors are the wrong shape and are too small. The first time I had the truck on the freeway with out the trailer I used passing and passed traffic to find the blind spots and adjust the mirrors for the best view. During this exersise at one point while passing a Greyhound bus I lost it in the mirrors WOW! Now before I get flamed...Yes I could turn my head and see the bus and no the mirrors where not turned in so far that I was looking at myself.

Personally, I would prefer a taller mirror that was convected (SP?)

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts