Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So does anyone know or have an opinion on if I should change the injectors on my 2000 Chevy 3500 dually 6.5. it only has 46000 miles on it but it would give me peace of mind replacing them. Could they go bad from very little use over 21 yrs?

·
Administrator
20,258 Posts
So does anyone know or have an opinion on if I should change the injectors on my 2000 Chevy 3500 dually 6.5. it only has 46000 miles on it but it would give me peace of mind replacing them. Could they go bad from very little use over 21 yrs?
You could pop test those injectors yourself to see if they need replacing.
You can purchase a pop tester from places like Harbor Freight or make one from a bottle jack. There are plenty of "How to" videos on Youtube for making a pop tester
(y)

Reactions: 56pan

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
18,261 Posts
If it does not exhibit any symptoms, I would leave it alone. IMO.
The new Injector may not be as good as the original injector.

Just use a proper diesel additive and 2 cycle oil in the fuel every fill up.
You are good to go.

Reactions: paleyjim

·
Registered
285 Posts
My 97 c3500 flatbed dump has 276,XXX on it, and the 94 C3500HD Bucket truck has 175,XXX on it. Both seem to run fine. I have no idea as to the age of the injectors on the 97'. The 94 Bucket has a lot of records with it and I'd guess they are original. Ain't no way I'm touching them unless I have a problem. If I had 46K miles on mine, I wouldn't lose any sleep at night. I do wish I could tell if mine were original or not, but no way to tell.

Reactions: JMJNet
1 - 4 of 4 Posts