Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 LB7 2500HD that is about 2.5 years old with about 30k miles on it. I use it to pull a 10,000 lb 5er. I just had it into the dealer for some suspension work - bent tie rod in front and leaking shock, and leaking hub seal in back. It was all done under warrenty, but to be honest, I'm a bit tense - the 36k is almost up, and I'm sure this repair would not have been cheap if I had to pay for it. The truck does get used hard to pull the RV, but it's not like I'm off roading or anything. What do you think - this a common type of repairs at this age of truck?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
53 Posts
The bent tie rod is unusual.Are you sure you did'nt hit something hard. I have the cognito piman/idler support. I highly recommend this,it made my front end much tighter,alot less steering play. I would also recommend a set of Bilstien shocks again a great improvement. Stock shocks are just flat out poor. Since you tow regular It is well worth the money. You might also look into some airbags.I pull a 12000lb sundowner horse trailer and these additions have made a HUGE difference.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks dmundell - how much do the shocks run - also how much for the support? I have thought of the new shocks previously - people who tow seem to be mixed. Some say they are great some say they see no difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts