Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was messing around the other day with some red diesel and was trying to remove or hide the red. I would much rather remove it so as not to raise questions as to why my fuel is black or something.

But anyways I tried to hide it with 2 stroke oil and I concluded that it would take way too much to do this.

I know that some people use waste oil to hide it and there is no way that I am going to do this because I personally think it's bad.

So I just want to know if anybody has tried or heard of any other ways to remove the red.. and preferably not an expensive way as that will completley defeat the purpose of buying red in the first place.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
smoken;1939182; said:
HAHA the trucking company i work for uses dyed fuel straight up . The big wheels figure the money save will more than take care of any fines when they get caught.
Thats 10 semi's averaging 1000 liters per fill every other or 3rd day .

Smoken
That is sort of what I have been thinking

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
TOTHEMAX!;1934675; said:
ive un dyed diesel by filling a glass jar and setting it out in the sun. took a week or so but it worked. ran it in my heater and it worked just fine.
ive also read on the net about people using acid to bleach out the dye. not sure how but google it and see what you come up with
I have heard about this.. The person that told me said that it was in an opaique plastic container of some sort that let the light in

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Jeremy James Andres;1933623; said:
I have no idea how you would go about this? But I heart that as well as being easily identafied by the obvious colour, the DOT's have some kind of binocular device that will identify dyed diesel, by looking through this device @ the exhaust? I have no idea if this is legit, but I was told this by a very knowledgable man. He might have been pulling my chain though?

I work in the oilfield in Canada, and have to deal with the DOT's during rig moves. The guy that told me was telling me as a warning after a rough neck filled the rig with dyed diesel!

Has anyone else ever heard of this before?
I have been told about a sensor of some sort that they point at your exhaust but I have never seen one or know anyone that has seen one.. I have only "Heard about it"

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I was reading in the British Columbia provincial law documents and it was saying that they can fine a maximum of three times the amount of tax that you should have paid for the fuel. BUT it also said that you can not have a tank on your truck containing dyed fuel. It was kind of vague so I dont know if a tidy tank counts or not. The document also said that its not official but I did find it on the government of bc website.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
This thread seems to have gone off on a tangent

I really want it to stay on focus a bit..

The purpose of this thread is not to talk about sulfer or what fuel is dyed where or when it is dyed.

If you have any interesting info on getting the dye out or hiding it I really want to talk about that. I have read a little bit about filtering it through fuller's earth. Does anybody know anything about this? Where can you get it cheap?

I am not trying to be a jerk but I just don't see the need to sift through 6 pages of crap that has nothing to do with the point.. If you guys want to discuss sulfer and yada yada go start a thread,, but please keep this one on the road and not in the ditch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.