Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
It is probably not a good idea to leave the fuel in the sun then put it in your truck. The UV light from the sun causes a lot of chemical reactions to take place, and is therefore changing the chemistry of your fuel with unknown consequences. Just because you can only see the chemical reaction causing the red dye to dissappear, does not mean that other reactions you can't see are not also happening.

·
Registered
474 Posts
specialagentPK;1937156; said:
Simple chemistry, acid is a water based liquid therefore will not mix with diesel fuel also makes me really doubt that it would remove the dye seeings how it is oil based as well.
Might not be as simple as that, since although sulfuric acid and diesel may not mix well, that does not mean they do not mix at all. There will be a little cross over on both sides (acid in the diesel and diesel in the acid). Also keep in mind a that a lot of chemistry can occur at the interface.

Don't get me wrong, I would never try this myself, but that does not mean it is not possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.