Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
I have no idea how you would go about this? But I heart that as well as being easily identafied by the obvious colour, the DOT's have some kind of binocular device that will identify dyed diesel, by looking through this device @ the exhaust? I have no idea if this is legit, but I was told this by a very knowledgable man. He might have been pulling my chain though?

I work in the oilfield in Canada, and have to deal with the DOT's during rig moves. The guy that told me was telling me as a warning after a rough neck filled the rig with dyed diesel!

Has anyone else ever heard of this before?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Maybe it's like telling kids that the pool has clorein in it that will turn the water red if the pee! My parents used to tell all the kids this that came over to our house to go swimming. (My sister and I knew it was a lie because we tried first time we heard it!) This time all the diesel drivers are the kids? Ya think?

I don't know too many people that have been caught, but I heard it takes a long time to rid the system of the dye!

Probably best to just pay the tax and stick with the clear!

·
Registered
726 Posts
monel_funkawitz;1934134; said:
If you wanna add sulfuric acid (Which we use at work to etch and remove metal) then go ahead, be my guest. It won't get anywhere near MY truck.
Quick and easy way to have your Dmax ported and polished! Might need new rings and other parts after though? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
726 Posts
nosliw;1934337; said:
i thought ALL diesel processed was ULSD and the only difference between normal pump D2 and ORD2 was color?
I'm sure that dyed diesel is too. When getting fuel delivered this winter to my location I asked the fuel truck driver this? He said that it all is ULSD now because it only takes 1L of the old style diesel to contaminate over 10,000L of the ULSD. And since they can't promise that no one would ever make the mistake of putting the wrong product in one of the 4 tanks on a fuel truck, they have converted it all. This was only what I was told, and am not a diesel fuel tech. or anything, but I'm sure the guy hauling it around on public hi-ways would no for sure! TDG!

·
Registered
726 Posts
monel_funkawitz;1936788; said:
This is nuts. This is like strapping dynamite to your head to blow off your hair so you can save $5 a month in hair cuts. :D

If you want tax-less fuel, do it right. Don't get thrown in jail... make bio-diesel.
That's some funny ****! :lol2: X2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.