Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright, I give up.
Are the headrests removeable? If so, how?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Look at the ends of the small plastic pieces the rods go through into the seatback. You'll see a small hole in both of them. Push in a straightened out paper clip, or something about that size, cuss a lot, and pull up. Once you get one side up you go over to the other side. As it is coming up the first one you worked on will fall back down. LOTS more cussing here and you will eventually be able to get both rods up past the lock.

·
Registered
170 Posts
OR...get someone to pull the headrest up while you press a paperclip in both holes.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Duallyvette said:
OR...get someone to pull the headrest up while you press a paperclip in both holes.

Not the recommended way to do it. That would really detract from the experience and take away the opportunity to invent new words!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Good one Oldman!!!, BTW I did it your way when installing my Wet Okole seat covers

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
The headrest do get in the way when you fold down the rear seat. I am tall guy and need the seat all the way back....but when the seat is flat I do put the seat back....hate the idea of pushing the seat into the headrest.

But is probably a liability issue.....forgot to put the read headrest back on....the rear passengers head went throught the rear window durning a accident....need to sue GM!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm installing a headrest monitor for the PS2 secondary to children in the back. Thanks for the help. I have not cussed like that since high school.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts