Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody removed their outside duals? I dont need the dually anymore but like the truck. I was thinking about pulling the outsides (if possible to run like that) and the ferrings (sp?) Is it a stock box under the ferrings? I dont mind painting since its peeling like most older chevs.

Any advise would be great.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
The dually rear end is 4" wider to accomodate the deep dish wheels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so will it just be finding a rim with the right offset then?

·
Registered
327 Posts
your best plan would be find a guy with a 3/4 who wants duallys an trade axle an boxes

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
the bed side is cut under the fender and will look bad, I imagine you could get a wheel with alot of offset to the inside and have it look OK there is a guy on here thet changed his bed and went single and the rears stick out and look a little funny.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
The wheel has so much offset that unless you go with a super single it will look strange. I have seen some duallys with super singles and they really look cool. Probably not too practical however.

·
Registered
327 Posts
actually those super singles are actually wieght less an can take the same weight if not more. Thats why a lot of tractor are switchin there rears to them. Gain MPG tire wear an more load capacity

1 - 7 of 7 Posts