Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all. I am looking into having a Supertanks 60 gallon tank installed. The 60 requires the fuel cooler to be removed from the truck. Apparently the tank comes with a line, used for cooling purposes. (www.supertanks.com)

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I'd be a little worried about condensation due to warm fuel meeting cold fuel. I'm not sure if it is a valid concern or not. I just know that GM wouldn't have went to the time and expense of putting that cooler in there for no reason.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, Max Power. Wow. What a quick reply. I also made a goof. I have this posted twice. Hit enter, before I wanted to. Thought I was able to stop it.
Thanx for the reply. I wonder if the cooling tube would be enough, for keeping the fuel cooler(supertanks) Will crawl under the truck, to get an impression of the set up.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I'm not sure. I heard that supertanks is changing their design to use the existing fuel cooler. It makes you wonder if they've had problems.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, all. See the second posting of this. It has more info. This particular posting was posted by accident, before I was finished typing.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Max Owner said:
Hey, all. I am looking into having a Supertanks 60 gallon tank installed. The 60 requires the fuel cooler to be removed from the truck. Apparently the tank comes with a line, used for cooling purposes. (www.supertanks.com)[/QUOTE]

Removing or altering the OEM fuel cooling system could cause warranty problems for you down the road...

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Figures.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dura_Mike said:
Max Owner said:
Hey, all. I am looking into having a Supertanks 60 gallon tank installed. The 60 requires the fuel cooler to be removed from the truck. Apparently the tank comes with a line, used for cooling purposes. (www.supertanks.com)[/QUOTE]

Removing or altering the OEM fuel cooling system could cause warranty problems for you down the road...

No problems at all with the GM warrenty concerning the supertanks fuel cooler lines.....fact is that the replacement lines that supertanks supplies are better than the ones that come on the truck, they are more efficient at cooling. Supertanks have some tanks that do not require changing out the fuel cooler lines and some tanks that do...it's up to you to decide which one you want. If you select a tank that does not require removing and replacing of the fuel cooler lines the capacity will be about 5 gallons less than the ones that do require it. I asked my dealer if it was a warrenty issue removing and replacing the fuel cooler lines....they said it was not as many owners install aftermarket tanks and lines...even fuel cooler lines.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
If Max Owner comes over for his install, I will look at remounting the fuel cooler in a different location to see if its feasable..

I dont see a huge deal with removeing it though

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, guys. Thanx for the replies. I may wait and see about the lesser capacity tank. Also, will try and talk to Supertanks and see if they are discontuing the 60 gal tank. Was in Rochester NY, and had problems finding diesel in town. Convinced me its worth doing the bigger tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts