Diesel Place banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the easiest way to remove all the Chevy Emblems and stickers? Is a heat gun??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
594 Posts
be careful with the heat gun and dont get it too close to the paint, a hair dryer is less dangerous to the paint and works good.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What is the easiest way to remove all the Chevy Emblems and stickers? Is a heat gun??

Thanks!!
We use heat to remove most of the plastic and vinyl products in our Sign shop and it works as long as you are not concerned with saving the emblems. Emblems can sometimes be removed without damaging them by carefully prying them up a little at a time giving the adhesive time to release. We use a plastic wedge that won't damage the painted surface. How hard they come off depends on a number of factors like application pressure, time elapsed since application, type of tape/adhesive, etc.

Once the emblem is removed, there may be some of the adhesive tape left on the paint that can be rubbed off using a sturdy glove and applying some heat. We also use rubber wheels mounted in a high-speed drill that makes quick work of the foam tape and adhesive. The rubber wheels can be purchased at local auto parts stores where they sell automotive paints or at local sign shops. We buy ours from an online auto body supply and they typically cost $10 to $20 each. One wheel should easily do a couple of vehicles or more. They also work great for taking off vinyl lettering - especially the smaller hard to remove stuff like pinstripes and dealership decals.

·
Registered
71 Posts
use dental floss and "saw them off" as stated above...then lighter fluid. it wont hurt the paint and then wax with zymol. chucker

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all...........I will give the floss a try and see how that goes.

Bertman911

·
Registered
387 Posts
I used a hair dryer if the paint wasn't in the sun with 4lb test fishing line. Worked great for me

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Floss or fishing line for the emblems...........what about the 4x4 stickers......hair dryer the best?

·
Registered
201 Posts
whaasup! I did mine while in the heat of the Arizona sun. The side mouldings I just grabbed with my hand and pulled them off. Same with the 4X4 stickers. I did hold my breath at first:eek: but it was fine once I started. Alll the side moulding glue came off real easy just rolling my thumb over it. "by the time I was done it was blistered though" Than all the 2500 and Dmax logos you can take fishing line and double it over and then twist it so it gets a little sawing motion going on. That glue was a little harder to get off. I CAREFULLY used a heat gun a little at a time. As the glue would start to curl I would wipe it off, in small amounts. When your done be sure to wax it since those areas don't have protection! Have fun!

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Stiff leather glove and some heat. I wish I used a glove from the get go since my thumb got some good blisters.

Ben

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome............gonna give it a go manana!!):h

·
Registered
201 Posts
Let me know how it goes when your done!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Did the old fishing line on the emblems and a hair dryer on the stickers. For the moulding I got it started with fishing line and then slowly pulled them off. Then rolled with finger and wax. Was amazed at the dirt and grime that got under the moulding. I think it looks better and is easier to wash and wax without all that stuff.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I should have mentioned to take care if lifting from one end of the emblems because the other end will dig into the paint if your not real careful!

·
Registered
600 Posts
I think it looks better and is easier to wash and wax without all that stuff.[/quote said:
Cleaner looking especially the tailgate without Silverado and Chevrolet and more important than that....The steeler didn't pay me or ask that i advertised...so Begone stickers and badges.....had to keep the small Duramax one tho....):h :ro)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I would run a clay bar over it after I got everything off if I were you also. Take all the junk off of the paint.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts