Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed their door moldings from their truck? If so, how did you do it? Did it leave lines on the paint? If someone has done this and you have photos, please post them so i can see what it looks like. Thanks.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have done it. Just wait for a warm day and peel away. No lines or anything, just clean and wax afterwards.

I have'nt done it to this truck yet cuz it really does do its job of preventing dings, but Im still undecided. It looks better without, but dings look bad.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Heat is the answer to removing the mldgs. Hot day helps, and a heat lamp, or heat gun. Hair dryer really doesn't get hot enough. There are no screws or bolts used.

I agree with above, they do stop some dents.

Steve

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx, for the tips! I guess I will have to wait it out until summer to take them off, since I dont have a heat gun. Would love to see some pics if anyone has one.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Heat guns are good tools, but you gotta know how to use them or you can cause serious damage.

Just wait till summer and a nice warm day. Plus, by then you will have made up your mind for sure

·
Registered
432 Posts
How's this???? How old is the truck? I mean how long have the strips been on? Longer is harder to remove.There is just some double sided tape on those strips and if you pull it slow after letting it sit in the direct sunlight, they should come off fairly easy. Clean up with just some soap and water and maybe a little wax. Good Luck!

Edited by: Chevysrus

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man that looks great!! My truck is fairly new, I took delivery in Aug.'03. Now I can't wait until summer!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Don't wait until summer!, grab your wife's or significant other's hair dryer, park the truck so the sun is hitting one side dead on, let it sit an hour or so, run the hair dryer under the edge you pull up and keep pulling and heating with the hair dryer underneath as you pull and get those puppies off, turn the truck around and do the other side.

Summer is too far away even in SC and those strips are getting harder and harder every day you delay......Go For It!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts