Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 D/A 4X4 and was wanting to remove the stickers off the side of the bed. Do you think it has been to long and the paint will be slightly darker under the sticker, or is it ok? It has always been garaged and polished and waxed, but dont want to remove and still see 4X4 in the paint. Thanks

·
Registered
362 Posts
You will be fine. Just use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat it up then pull it off. Takes maybe 5 min to do. Go back and polish the area and you'll never know they were on there.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I removed the 4x4 stickers off my black truck after they had been on for about 2 years without any problems.

03GMC2500HD's method will work fine, just be careful if you use a heat gun not to apply too much heat.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Agreed with everyone else! I took my decals off with a simple hair dryer. Works wonderfully and looks awesome!!

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I just took my 4x4 stickers off and replaced them with the 6x6 decals I got from The Decal King.

The old ones were on my dark green truck for 2-1/2 years. I was afraid there would be a "shadow" on the paint from fading...They came off without a trace. I used a hair dryer on the shaded side of the truck, but the side that was in the sunshine came off without any added heat at all.

Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts