Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering removing the muffler on my truck due to the fact that I just don't have the cash to buy the exhaust system I want right now.

I was wondering if some of the guys who have done this on their trucks can advised how loud it is.

My wife gave me an evil look when I told her I might do this.

Will I be ok driving this thing to church on Sunday's or will it be obnoxious.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
338 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Its not that loud b/c of our turbos. Even with the cat gone it is relatively quiet.

·
Registered
758 Posts
i cut my muffler out and replaced it with a straight pipe. the cat is still in place. i cannot tell any difference in power, loudness or turbo spool up time. i did get a little bit of drone around 1900. i sometimes wish i didnt do it. i think to make it worth while you would have to remove the cat with the muffler.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
"My wife gave me an evil look when I told her I might do this. "

Mine too, usually a sign I'll like it. Party pooper.. Probablly apples/oranges; LB7/LLY, but I didn't notice any real performnce improvement, but sound isn't overboard IMHO. No CAT to begin with.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would like to remove the cat also, but want to be able to put it back in for if/when I need to get warranty work done. I haven't taken a look at that. I think the muffler will go in the next week or so. I'll have to take a look at the cat. I may do it all at once.

Thanks for all of the replys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.