Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken their truck in for service with the juice or attitude left in. I need to take my 03 in for some drivetrain warranty on the steering shaft and windshield wiper motor transmission. I know the service manager, seems he is my boss, but am leary wether or not to leave attitude in. Has anyone been told that it does or does not voed warranty. I guess maybe I should just not me lazy and take it out. Just hate to have to re-route the wires and tie them up again over some drivetrain warranty stuff. I mounted my attitude on the pillar as Edge showed and like it there, put it down close to the dash, with the wire running behind the dash trim and the cluster to a drilled hole in the fire wall.
Advice is always welcome

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Personally I probably wouldn't but my dealer sells OJ
I didn't buy my OJ from my dealer just in case. I haven't made up my mind if I want them to know or not. I installed mine the same as Eric and a few others in the cubby hole between the lighter sockets. I might just pull it out of place and slide it in the hole and throw some junk on top of it so its not obvious. I guess the pyro is a bit of a giveaway anyways.

To sum things up... I dunno

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I do not have the attitude, but I do remove my Juice each time I take my truck in... But i always leave my guages in... Seems like the same thing.... Some of the service writers would not know what it was anywho....

Good Luck

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
I took my truck in for service last year with all my propane equipment intact. Guages, switches, hoses and 22 gal liquid lp tank.

They said don't worry about it.

It wasn't in for anything serious, just a reflash. They didn't want to know about the setup. For all they knew it was some work related setup.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
As long as the drivetrain work couldn't be caused by the stuff you might be all right. I was suprized my dealer fixed my ball joint boot even with big tires, green keys, and bright aluminum shock spacers.

On the other hand another Dmax was in there chipped, propane, etc for no start problems. The writer said due to the add ons that they didn't do the it wasn't warrany and the truck's owner was in a pissing match blaming the dealer, add mfg's, and anyone else. If your gonna play don't blame the dealer if the parts don't work right.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I have to laugh every time I read something like this. I suppose since we sell/install juice and attitude, it wouldnt be a problem here! On a side note, when I installed my attitude in the center console, I removed the black rubber tray liner when I drilled hole, with A removed and liner back in, you cant tell anything.

Eric

·
Registered
61 Posts
when I installed my attitude in the center console, I removed the black rubber tray liner when I drilled hole, with A removed and liner back in, you cant tell anything.

That cup holder/tray exposes a great little hidey hole for valuables, by the way. I bought a second one and cut a hole to mount my CB in. Now when we go RV'ing, all I have to do is pull the old tray out, attach antenna and power plug to the CB and put the new tray/CB in it's place.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I personally don't mention any aftermarket parts when doing a warranty repair, but a lot of people are looking for those parts to blame things on. Even when you call technical assistance, one of the first thing they ask is are there any aftermarket parts installed. If the answer is yes, they tell you to remove them first. It's very hard to fight a dealer if they decline your warranty. I would be safe and remove any aftermarket accessories before service.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I am with sid on this one. Keep our mouths shut on that stuff when GM is involved. they keep that in record on your vin with a tac case.

Eric

1 - 9 of 9 Posts