Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I just got a remote starter put on my truck,but i would like to put the high idle on.

How do they both work together?

Thanks

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
This has been discussed quite a few times before so excuse me if I don't go into full detail.

First off I recommend using the method where the high idle wire is hooked to the brake switch instead of a on/off switch. This simplifies things to an extent.

Second you need an auxillary output on the remote start. Probably the trunk output. You use that output which will be a ground pulse out when you press the trunk button to energise a relay. The relay is going to provide a positive pulse to to the wire that would be the set wire of the cruise. This way when you press the trunk button twice it will go into high idle mode. Do a search for high idle and remote start and you should have all the info you need.

Feel free to ask me any specific questions you might have.

What type of remote starter?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MAX POWER

Thanks for the quick answer,i will do a search.It's a Ultra Start remote starter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Racerman610

I really like it. It has 1500ft range which is all I need. I got really good price of $350 CDN installed. The installer was meticulous. Hopefully I won't have any problems down the road.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I'd love the remote start here for the winter months. I hear of the occasional problems with securities. Alas I just dont know who to trust here in the SE Wisconsin area to do a good job. Maybe Eric will take up remote starters and I'll have to go visit him again.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I do over a 1000 a year if your up for the drive. I never have problem with security as I use a product that bypasses the security through data. I haven't had a failure yet!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Max Power

Do you know of anybody in southern ontario that does this???Just figured since you do alot of them you might know somebody in my area. Thanks Jeremy

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am a new duramax owner and have gotten lots of information from this website. I work at an audio shop and can help any members with remote start issues. We are a large DEI dealer. Anybody looking for Viper remote starts email me. I can save you a lot of money.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
doctortou said:
I am a new duramax owner and have gotten lots of information from this website. I work at an audio shop and can help any members with remote start issues. We are a large DEI dealer. Anybody looking for Viper remote starts email me. I can save you a lot of money.
Thanks man. I see you're relatively local.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Maxpower - I helped a buddy put a remote on an 03 6L. gasser. Works fine except if he leaves his truck in 4wd and then starts it later by remote he gets a service 4wd light. i haven't had a chance to look at it since but sounds like we missed an ignition wire to me, although we have two hooked up already. Have you run into this? If so you'll probobly save me some time once I have it opened up again. Thanks- from your neighbors to the west!

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Never ran into that before but chances are you missed powering up an ignition wire.

These are what you should have.

+12 - Yellow
Ign1 - Red/Green or wht/yellow
Starter - Green
Accy1 - grey/yellow
accy2 - Red/black

If you give me your email I will send you more info.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Where are you from in Saskatchwan? I have a buddy in PA that I will be visiting soon.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm over on the west side at Swift Current, just 100 miles from the Alberta border, right on the transcanada highway. Email is [email protected] Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Max Power,

I have been trying to locate a dealer for Astrostart in Michigan but no

luck. Do you have any ideas? Would the Viper 150 be compatible to

use the aux output for the high idle? I know you don't care for the

Viper products (DEI) but, that is all I have access to here in Michigan

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I'm not familiar with the viper but it should work.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Max

Does the Astrostart have the plug and play options or do yuo have to splice everything.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
as with all remote starts you have to splice.

Yes you can make the factory remote start the truck but the range is so poor its not worth it IMHO.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I thought some remote starts had wireing options that you could get that would allow you to plug into the factory wiring harness.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts