Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of installing some sort of a remote starter on my wifes dually.. 04 gmc maxali. she drives it to work and no place to plug it in.. Is there a decent remote setup that can be programmed to start the truck every couple of hours and let it run for 15 minutes to insure it will start at the end of her work day? Thanks in advance. Eric Enk

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Almost all remote starters have a cold temperature feature that will do exactly what you want. I know astro start does for sure. Might be hard to find in your area. Definately the best quality remote starter on the market IMHO.

www.astroflex.com

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Well that is the problem because they are a company and remote start aren't as popular in the southern states as they are here.

I guess if you can find a place to install it, I could sell you one. Otherwise DEI makes ok products. I'm not a big fan but they are supposed to be pretty good.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
You have PM

·
Registered
187 Posts
Anybody have any experience with the Audiovox Python remote starter or the Clifford brands. I know clifford is made by DEI but not sure of audiovox... Iam kinda looking at the Python alarm/remote start. Does $700 sound like tooooooooo much to have one installed. Alarm is 499.00 plus i need 2 modules for passlock & keyless remote they say. Does this sound rite.....Edited by: fishingn

·
Registered
433 Posts
I just visited a local company that installs these exact remote starters, Astro Start. The one I was looking at they would install for $700, plus $50 for a unit just for diesels, plus $50 to connect to the power door locks. But if I was to buy it myself I think it was around $400. I asked him about installing it and they said it takes about 4 hours with their professionals and it takes a lot of experience to install this complicated devices and a special programmer. He said they have to be installed professionally or else it could/would void any vehicle warrenties. I think the one I was looking at was the model 4204 or something close to that. Does anyone have any experience on installing remote starters? I have experience installing automotive stereos and some other electrical devices but I have never installed a remote start. I feel he was pulling my leg on the special programmer part and that I could install one easily. Is this an easy task and what kind of advice could someone give me?

Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
The $50 module for diesel is BS. He is talking about the DTS2 module and it is no needed on your truck. Drive down to Manitoba and I will install the whole thing for you for half the money. (same model) Astro start is TOP quality but they are ripping you off.

You can do it without the programmer but it is nice. Send me your email info and I will send you a bunch of information on installing your own. I won't be able to do it until later today though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts