Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to hook up my Ultra Start remote starter. I am using Bypasskits.com MultiDL bypass kit. My question is on the harness for the bypass the horn input is (-). The output on my remote start harness for the Siren/Horn is (+). Do i need a converter to change polarity's or do i hook the horn input to the vehicles horn output instead of the remote start. Thanks for the help.

Josh

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I am assuming that your ultra start is not an alarm and doesn't come with a siren? I am also assuming that there is some kind of programming that allows the output to be switched from to a horn output or a siren output? A siren output would be a steady +12v output and a horn output would pulse on and off. You wouldn't want your horn to blow steady. Generally most remote starters have a negative output. I find this odd that it would be +. Look and see if you are overlooking something. Perhaps one of the aux outputs can be programmed to a - horn output.

It is also unsual that your Bypass requires a horn input. I can't think of why that would be used. I will look into both and see what I can find for you.

To answer your questions simply, yes you would need either a relay or a + to - pulse converter.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I went and looked at the MultiDL instruction manual. It does have an input for a horn. I personally wouldn't bother. As far as I can tell there is no need for it. I think what it is doing is it is honking the horn through data. Which is essentially a waste of effort. You'd be just as far ahead hooking the horn up directly. And you wouldn't need a relay.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Maxpower. That is what i needed to know. This is my first remote start install though i have been doing electrical work for awhile now. I aooricate thew input and knowledge. Thanks again josh

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maxpower, if you don't mond where can i get a good wiring diragram for our trucks. I have one but i don;t know if it is right and want one to compare it too. Thanks

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
You have a private message.

·
Registered
817 Posts
If you go to the12volt.com they have wiring info for free. They also have a forum that you can ask questions and get answers from intallers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I posted thi son the 12volt. com also. Everyting is installed and works except for one thing. Thanks for the help Maxpower. Everytime i remote start the truck i get a service 4WD message in the DIC. I hooked up both 12volt +, the starter, the pink ingintion wire, the white ingnition wire going into the side fuse box, and the ACC wire. There must be something i am missing. Any help would be appricated. Thanks

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
For your ignition wires you need to hook up:

Pink = Ign1
White = Ign 2
Orange = Accy
Yellow = Starter

Use a DMM (Digital Multi Meter) to make sure these wires have power on them when remote starting. You might have a bad connection.

Also test these wires when it is running on the key to make sure you are getting the right wires to begin with.Edited by: Max Power

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks i will test them tm. I know the IGN wires are right and starter, I will check the ACC though. Thanks again Maxpower

1 - 10 of 10 Posts