Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 LMM that gets stored in my barn over the winters. I start it once every couple of weeks. Twice now the remote start will not work. There is no check engine light on or codes. I have EFI live and I am using the edge monitor. I used the edge to check codes and there were none. Once I have started it with the key and let it warm up until the elevated idle is done I shut it off. Then the remote start will work just fine but after sitting for a few weeks it will not start again using remote. This is the 4th winter it's been stored and the first time with any problems. Thanks in advanced for any help everyone might have.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Mine did that sometimes to.Had to get a new key fob.It works fine now.But if the key fob sits in my work van where's it's freezing cold it will not work .
Until it warms up .Not sure why

·
Premium Member
17,902 Posts
You are only allowed two remote start events. To achieve any more, you must start the truck, by key, to reset your two count. It's all in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My key fob is always inside where it's warm so I don't think it could b the cold and as far as the truck needing to b started using the key to reset the 2 start thing why didn't the first start work using remote start. I will try my 2nd remote in a couple of days and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
Brian is spot on. If you remote start it once, then go back a few weeks later, you can remote start it the second time but after that, you'll have to manually start it before the remote will work again.

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
I have an aftermarket remote start on my LBZ and it was acting very strange. I thought it would need to be ripped out and then I decided to try the second remote and it is working much better now. Strange that a remote would cause the remote start to act strange even AFTER it would start.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Try replacing the battery in your remote or it could have lost contact inside, remove it clean it and put it back in.
If it has a charge port with a perminate battery try fully charging it.

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
One of my brain cells just fired back up - I had to replace both the remotes for my wife's 2008 Acadia as the both quit working. Wasn't the batteries, it was the remotes themselves.

Reactions: mp06011999

·
Registered
285 Posts
Why bother starting it if you are not going to bring it up to operating temps? The remote will end up being the least of your problems....

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know you said you were not getting any engine codes, however I had some glow plug issues that prevented the remote start from working.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts