Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone would be interested in how to install thier own remote start. I will be doing it this weekend and could always take pics and write up a quick guide. Lemme Know:exactly:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just wondering if anyone would be interested in how to install thier own remote start. I will be doing it this weekend and could always take pics and write up a quick guide. Lemme Know:exactly:
Hell Ya! :grd:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Would love to see a write up on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Well it is completely different for every different brand of remote start and different bypass.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I am willing to send the vehicle specific information with pictures in pdf form to anyone who wants it. I can't do it until the 4th when I get back from vacation. It is really all the information you need. I would need an email address to send it to.

I can't really post it in public since it is copywrited information from Astrostart.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking more along the lines of just these trucks wiring. Such as where is the best place for tach,W2S and proper splicing on larger gauge cable(T-Splice) This would be for the 03' and up because i am using the 457G bypass(so Easy). But 03 and older is actually easier except the door triggers.

I just hope this beutiful weather holds out 78F in the rockies today

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
best place for tach and w2s is behind the intrument cluster. Everything else is under the dash on 03 and newer. You should be soldering every connection.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tspliceing involves solder

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Contact SP33D(CHAD), He might be interested in your writeup with pictures

·
Registered
23 Posts
?

Have Max Power email you those pictures and youll see how well he has the instructions made up. Color pictures and all. Very easy install.

Ace

·
Registered
204 Posts
yea, max's pics and know-how made my install go surprisingly smooth. The pics answer alot of q's.

-mike

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NM I will save time then if it has been done

1 - 14 of 14 Posts