Diesel Place banner

Remote start help

LBZ: 
2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  CaPiTaN 
#1 ·
Just got an aftermarket remote start installed on my 2007 classic Lbz and it’s got issues. Should of known getting it done at a Best Buy I might be in for trouble. Unit is a Compustar CS4905s-kit w/ CM-DC3 control module.

First -
Every time I remote start the truck I get a “service brake system” alert which clears after 10 mph. Only appears on remote start start ups they told me all wiring is correct they don’t know why it’s doing it.

Second - I am only able to remote start the truck when the truck is ice cold, if the glow plugs are warm the truck won’t remote start, their techs told me they couldn’t figure out how to fix this. Said the module waits for the glow plug light to come on and because the plugs are warm the light never lights and remote start fails.

Third - I just got a CEL light scanned the code and I’m getting P0672 cylinder 2 glow plug circuit / open. Is this related to the install or something else.

Thanks for any input on this.

#2 ·
Welcome to DieselPlace
(y)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.