Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my wife a new car, Chevy of course, cool :cool: thing is it has a remote start from her key ring. Great on those cool mornings, question is, would like to put one on my 05 HD 6.6 Max, does anyone have one and how hard is it to install? And what brands?:help:

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have looked into them as well. Most of then come with a secuirty system (alarm). Clifford makes a nice unit. There parent company is Directed Electronics, they seem to be buying all the major alaram companies, if you google them you can see all there different brands, there are a few on there that dont require an alarm to be tied in with it. The nice thing about the remote start most of them come with a "turbo timer" which is nice for some cool down time before the engine shuts off......

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I bought my wife a new car, Chevy of course, cool :cool: thing is it has a remote start from her key ring. Great on those cool mornings, question is, would like to put one on my 05 HD 6.6 Max, does anyone have one and how hard is it to install? And what brands?:help:
If you are in the San Diego area I know a guy who does custom installations and has won awards and has been in some magazines. He does quality work which you pay a little extra for compared to Best buy and Circuit City. He installed a Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 in my truck over a year ago with window controls and I've never had a problem with the system. I know he will help me out anytime if there's an issue with the system. I love the system.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are in the San Diego area I know a guy who does custom installations and has won awards and has been in some magazines. He does quality work which you pay a little extra for compared to Best buy and Circuit City. He installed a Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 in my truck over a year ago with window controls and I've never had a problem with the system. I know he will help me out anytime if there's an issue with the system. I love the system.
Cool, I live North of S.D. If you could foward the info that would be great.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I bought an autopage alarm w/ remote start and it works awesome! It waits 10 sec. then starts the truck and I have never had a problem with it. What I liked was it only cost me 79.00 dollars and i and a buddy installed it ourselves! (Of coarse you better have some knowledge of installing electronics!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts