Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont have remote start but i overheard a guy at a truck shop telling how wonderful his remote start is, how he can start it and turn on the seat heaters!!!!!!!! i am curious if this is possible since my seat heat turns off when the ignition is turned off and when i start it i have to hit the heat button to fire them up again...is there a seat heat button on the fob when you have remote start? T

·
Registered
72 Posts
with the factory remote start, the heated seats do come on depending on tempurature. It's pretty nice to open the doors and have the bun-warmer on making the cushion toasty !!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you need to turn that option on through the DIC?

·
Registered
152 Posts
My seats come on. And I love it!

(The factory installs remote start, so I'm confident that it's okay to use it.):rolleyes::D

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I would imagine it is like the high-idle. It will auto-turn on the seats if it is below a certain ambient temp. Below freezing, I would assume.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I am pretty sure they will come on automatically with the remote start when out side temp is below 32 degrees. That is what dealership told me, and my truck has done it regularly under 32 degrees and I have not changed anything through the DIC for this to happen.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I have the factory remote start, and all the climate related goodies operate on remote start, depending on ambient temps.

I'm in northern IL and have used the remote start every day for the past 3 weeks... When it's really cold, +20* & below, I come out to a truck with both heated seats at full blast (wifey loves that), the window defroster at full blast AND the heated mirrors on. It's pretty sweet. To answer a question above about whether that need to be programmed in the DIC, the answer is no. It's all automatic.

I've only had truck since Nov, but I am assuming that in summer, it will give full blast A/C also

·
Registered
345 Posts
The heater and heated seats in winter and A/C in summer work with remote start if you have the dual zone automatic temperature control feature - part of LT2 or LTZ package.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well I can now tell you the seats turn on when the temp is 34 deg learned that this morning.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
It doesn't have to be freezing for the seats to be turned on. I'm pretty sure I've had mine on around 50 degrees here in Houston. Doesn't get real cold here.

·
Registered
850 Posts
i wish i had that on my lbz but i guess thats what you have to trade for a lil smoke

·
Registered
824 Posts
My remote starter is an aftermarket unit (Auto Start 2-way). I "interviewed" the installer prior to the install specifically about the "wait to start light" and seat heaters to see if he understood our dmax's. My seats now come on around 15*F based on the temp sensor (on the rear view mirror) when the remote start is engaged.

Just be sure to find a good installer if you go aftermarket.

·
Registered
2020 Silverado 3500HD Duramax/Allison, LT, Crew Cab, SRW, Std. Bed, Z71, 4WD,
2,097 Posts
i dont have remote start but i overheard a guy at a truck shop telling how wonderful his remote start is, how he can start it and turn on the seat heaters!!!!!!!! i am curious if this is possible since my seat heat turns off when the ignition is turned off and when i start it i have to hit the heat button to fire them up again...is there a seat heat button on the fob when you have remote start? T
I think the seat heaters come on with remote start if they were on when you last turned the truck off.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts