Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Programming Remote

I recently bought replacement remotes for my 03 3500, however they came with no programming instructions. As I understand it, it's not difficult but need some guidance on where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Get in and shut all the doors. Put your key in the ignition. Hold the lock switch in the unlock position while turning the key to on, off, on, off. Release the unlock button, the locks will cycle if you have done it right. Hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first remote until the locks cycle, repeat for the rest of the remotes. Turn the key to run in order to exit programming. The remotes should now work.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, you are a Scholar and a Gentleman.
And you saved me the 40 dollars the dealership wanted, and saved me a day without my truck while they worked it in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you'd like, I'd gladly let you pay me $40 to drive your truck around for a day.:D

I don't know how some places do it. I usually run out to the truck and program them while the customer sits there, then let them go on their way. Tips are alway appreciated, though.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts