Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering what is being seen as far as trany learning after programing? Such as how long, hard shifts, easy shifts,long shifts, dead spots, pilot injection noises, any thing else? Mine seems to be adapting realy slow. Also, it does better before it warms up. Are different trucks responding differenty? Sorry for the long list, just starting to worry a little.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I put my Juice on about 10 months ago, and didnt know anything about relearning the tranny. I just put it on and went out and hammered it right away at the highest setting, and never, to this day seen any wierd shifts. Like I said, I didnt know you were supposed to relearn the tranny or else I would have. I guess maybe I was just lucky with mine.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
reason it probably acts different when cold is the juice only turns on when warm.

mine still has some learning when I do something it wasnt trained for and it kinda freaked me out.....mostly its downshifting when I hammer it. Its better but atfirst it really was shifting slopy. Make sure you do some kick down type passing shifts to in the low levels.

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
Sometimes it takes 40 to 50 ignition cycles for the trans to comply. I suggest you don't baby it and the shifts will come around sooner. I have been testing programs for Steve at TTS for two weeks, and have not had too many good shifts for a while. Even with Steves quick learn, it's not enough when some idiot is pulling your program every other day. I know, *****, *****, *****.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, After getting some improvement in the 50hp tune (about 250 miles), I started bumping it up. I'am in the 110 mode now with about 600 total miles since using tuner. It's doing much better, but still needs more time to smooth shifts. I think the colder weather has an effect because it takes longer for the tranny to warm up. It's shifting better when cold. Maybe because I drive 10 miles to work and it's learning at cooler temps?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I pretty much had my trans re-learned on the Quad 90hp tune...that is until I hooked up my 9000lb fifth wheel behind it....back to the sloppy shifts for a bit. Bummer...especially since I'm leaving tomorrow for a 1,400 mile round trip to Idaho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts