Diesel Place banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone esle has this problem. I keep getting the regen smell in the cab even with rec. air on. Any comments would really help.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I am wondering if anyone esle has this problem. I keep getting the regen smell in the cab even with rec. air on. Any comments would really help.

it's only sometimes with me, most times I don't notice it. But if it's in regen at slow/stop and go speeds I seem to notice it.

Jody

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Only while driving in-town. Nothing on the highway. It's a pretty nasty smell though.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i guess i have the same problem as everyone. I drive for about 15 miles straight highway to work, but after that it is some stop and go traffic to the office that is when it is the worst.

·
Registered
345 Posts
it's only sometimes with me, most times I don't notice it. But if it's in regen at slow/stop and go speeds I seem to notice it.

Jody
Ditto - 5,500 miles and I have only noticed it one time and it was while driving slow, in town.

·
Registered
72 Posts
does yours smell like a poorly burning kerosene heater ??? I keep gertting that smell in my cab even at highway speeds, but it happens about every other day.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Provided I am moving (anything above 25 mph) during regen there is no odor. Anything stop and go such as at lights or stop signs, I get the odor also.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
they probably won't do anything about it. in order to cut down on the smell coming in, on the back of the cab there are 2 vents before you get to the truck bed. you shold be able to locate those vents within the cab. I filled the ones on my LLY with foam I cut up. Then taped over the holes behind the back seat. That will stop the smell from rolling into the cab. I will be doing my LBZ soon.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I have only noticed the smell one time, yesterday as a matter of fact. I also was driving slow in town during a regen.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I love the smell of regen in the morning. Not really but I'm used to it now.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
does yours smell like a poorly burning kerosene heater ??? I keep gertting that smell in my cab even at highway speeds, but it happens about every other day.
Yeah something to that effect. I am gonna try to plug the vents on the back of mine atleast for the winter. I may unplug them for the summer so that the cab doesn't get so hot.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Uh, you do realize that your truck is no air-tight, right? It's not a pressurized airplane.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Uh, you do realize that your truck is no air-tight, right? It's not a pressurized airplane.
I know, but I am going to block the vents to keep the majority of it out. What comes in around the seals can't be as bad as what is blowing in through the vents.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Last time I checked, the back seats don't fold down to access these vents. Even if you're able to plug them up, I'm not convinced you'll be able to keep that smell out of the cab.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Last time I checked, the back seats don't fold down to access these vents. Even if you're able to plug them up, I'm not convinced you'll be able to keep that smell out of the cab.
Well I am not trying to convince you i am just going to block them off so i don't have to smell exahust all day long.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Those vents are there for a reason. There only a one way vent to let air out and not SUPPOSE to let any in. Your doors will be harder to close and what if you ever get in a collision and the air bags deploy. That air has to go somewhere. Just my .02.... I dont smell any regens on my truck......oh wait I dont have a DPF:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts