Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods please do not move this one. This is where the regen is being discussed.

A while back I posted about manual and mobile regen functions being controlled by the end user. This feature was recently added to the Edge Insight. Initially there were some issues making it work, but I have now verified that the mobile regen does work. The manual (stationary) likely works as well, but the mobile is far more effective and efficient as you actually are travelling versus just wasting fuel standing still.

ALL CTS2 units sold and shipped by Kennedy Diesel will be updated to this file prior to shipping.

Also added per my request is a new PID: Distance since last regen (miles) This will prove instrumental in predicting upcoming regens so you can plan and/or force a pre-emptive regen. It is my recommendation that regens not be pushed just for the sake of doing so. Let the system run it's course, but there will be cases where you have a planned operation where a regularly scheduled regen will not work properly. Also handy for those putting the DPF on hiatus. A good thorough cleaning is definitely not a bad idea.

Miles since last regen shown here as DREG m:

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
Which update file version is needed to get this to work? Assume it will work on the older CTS and not just the CTS2?

Miles between regen is nice but I still think tracking soot grams is the best way to anticipate when the next one is coming. Miles between regen is not always consistent.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mods please do not move this one. This is where the regen is being discussed.

A while back I posted about manual and mobile regen functions being controlled by the end user. This feature was recently added to the Edge Insight. Initially there were some issues making it work, but I have now verified that the mobile regen does work. The manual (stationary) likely works as well, but the mobile is far more effective and efficient as you actually are travelling versus just wasting fuel standing still.
That is the news I was waiting for. Thanks for the update.

I will be contacting you soon.

Jim

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
You ain't fooling me, that "m" stands for meters. :hehe:

·
Vendor
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which update file version is needed to get this to work? Assume it will work on the older CTS and not just the CTS2?

Miles between regen is nice but I still think tracking soot grams is the best way to anticipate when the next one is coming. Miles between regen is not always consistent.

I was told that it is available for public access. You need to download the Edge Fusion software from their site.

I log soot as well, but with good tuning they trigger by miles. Now we have access to monitor both triggers as well as the ability to take matters into our own hands. I also watch timing and know tat when it turns negative it is beginning the process versus watching the status.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts