Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did any one get there ecm reflashed with 15141688 and now getting alot less power around 2200 in all gears and my egs were around 1150 to 1250 pull my 3500lbs trailer befor the reflash and only 1000 to 1050. they must of cut down on the fuel. can this be fixed

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hmmm... Doesn't the ecm have to re-learn your driving style after the reflash? I'd give it a little time...

With that drastic a decrease in egts - maybe this reflash does a bit to reduce overheating as well. I'll take a little less power for an improvement in fuel mileage and cooler running. How drastic a decrease in power is it?

Mine goes in next week for the reflash...

jeff

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i an going to call the dealer monday to see if they will reflash it back

·
Registered
693 Posts
Just curious - since noone else has reported a problem with the reflash - maybe something else changed and it's a coincidence that you are seeing a problem. If I was in your situation, I'd check a couple of things before "flashing it back" - I would change the fuel filter and add some good fuel additive to see if things "look up". Stanadyne performance formula is my choice for an additive.

After a few miles with a new fuel filter and additive - then you'll know the injectors are squeeky clean and lubricated and fuel is flowing at a good rate towards them.

jeff

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i did all that

·
Registered
843 Posts
ecm reflashed with 15141688
What does this flash address:confused: I don't see it listed as a part number for the current updates. the newest part number/flash (for the intake pop) is 15904640. I don't see the number you gave for any lly calibrations

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Funny thing is that looking at the new calibrations beside the old ones they didn't do anything to decrease power. Not sure how to explain it but it doesn't make sense.

Maybe you got bad fuel or you are running a winter blend or something??

·
Registered
70 Posts
Or they messed up doing the reflash.

Some of these dealers have others then Diesel tech doing all the reflashes.

ken

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
You can't really do much wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts