Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am hooking up my truck ( 04 gmc dually) DA. I figured everything out except where to put the fuse they shipped with the wiring harnass for the brake controller.. I need power to the red wire.. In which fuse box and what location do I plug the gree fuse into?
Thanks Long time hanger outer first time poster.. Keep up the good forum.. I have learned a lot here.. I just ran out to turn down my door chimes to find out they were not On the Loud setting.. darn the luck

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
IIRC the fuse that comes with the harness is a MAXI fuse and the truck uses J-Case fuses. It installs in the top left slot as looking at the fuse block from the drivers fender.. if looking from the front of the truck, its the lower left. I think its labeled Stud-1. That will power your trailer aux.

Eric

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow talk about service.. Thanks for the reply... * minutes and I got my answer.. Great bunch of guys here. so you are saying the maxi fuse is not what goes in the fuse panel to power the trailer red wire?

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
It should be a J-case style fuse, not a maxi fuse, but I am assuming that the 04 is the same as 03 and I have not checked to be sure yet

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok The fuse fit.. after I pulled back the label covering the inside row of fuses.. and removed the red blank fuse..

You would think that for almost 47,000. US dollars they could have put a light under the hood.. sheesh. Thanks Eric

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a 2004 and the little sticker that was on the harness said you didn't need that fuse if you had the dual battery option. But then in the manual it said something about there was an exception with the diesel engine. So if you have a diesel do you need the fuse or not? I didn't put it and my brake controller works fine. But you are saying that fuse is for the trailer hot wire. I guess until I hear something I will get my voltmeter and see if I have power at the trailer harness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts