Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

How do you guys get Red Lettering in the Talk to Team Blurb and Notices, like these samples?

Discuss any thoughts or concerns you may have about DieselPlace directly and privately with the staff.
Threads you start here are ONLY visible to yourself, and the staff - not other members - THIS IS NOT A PUBLIC HELP FORUM, PLEASE POST TRUCK RELATED QUESTIONS IN THEIR RELEVANT PUBLIC FORUM!

NEW P&R FORUM RULES EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 2014 - All members participating in the Politics and Religion forum at DieselPlace should familiarize themselves with our new forum rules specific to P&R. You can find them by clicking on the green announcement at the top of the P&R forum index.

Ours System does not have a way to change Font Colors that I have been able to find.

Thank,
Kevin

·
Just Horsing Around
17,557 Posts
HTML. In the ACP forum setup page you can use it and the forum parses it inline while displaying to the public.

·
Just Horsing Around
17,557 Posts
For example, here's a copy/paste of the TTTT setup that results in the way it displays:

Discuss any thoughts or concerns you may have about DieselPlace directly and privately with the staff. <BR><font color="RED">Threads you start here are ONLY visible to yourself, and the staff - not other members - <b>THIS IS NOT A PUBLIC HELP FORUM, PLEASE POST TRUCK RELATED QUESTIONS IN THEIR RELEVANT PUBLIC FORUM!</b></font>
We had to emphasize the part about that forum not being a technical help forum as amazingly enough a lot of people were posting stuff in there expecting public replies.

Reactions: Sonic

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HTML. In the ACP forum setup page you can use it and the forum parses it inline while displaying to the public.
Thanks......

I may have to modify some of our rules/announcements in Red, I get tired of hearing "I did not see that rule" :banghead:

·
Registered
20 Posts
LOL...great minds think alike!
I was going to ask the same question!! I know I've dug til my nails fell off to try and find a way to change the headers to be more noticeable. Censored

HF Admin/mod

·
Just Horsing Around
17,557 Posts
Glad to share the little trick. It was one of our other admins that figured this out years back and we've used it on and off across the forum for some time.

In our 911 forum when we get an emergency post we use the <marquee> HTML tag in the global announcement to make it scroll - it REALLY gets people's attention.

Reactions: Sonic
1 - 6 of 6 Posts