Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric,

I have seen in other posts both here and on other boards about a dealer having the ability to red flag a vin if they find after market mods that the dealer feels voids the warranty.

My question is this: If a dealer does this does it force other dealers to be unable to honor a warranty claim? So, for instance, say my dealer does not like my pre-oem nictane kit, and flags my vin. Then, a year from now I start to have injector problems and decide I want to bring my truck to some other dealer, (like maybe a well known shop in MI
), would that other dealer be unable to do warranty work on the fuel system? BTW, mine has not been flagged...just curious.

Thanks,

JohnEdited by: CS-Dmax

·
Registered
704 Posts
You are exactly right. Chevy red flaged my Camaro a few years back, and I tired going to other dealerships. I had an airbag light come on and even though the airbag has nothing to do with the drivetrain, no dealership would touch it. Edited by: Amric

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
The dealer can put a note in your history that will come up when a dealer pulls a VIS on your vehicle, this is what we use to find open campeigns, recalls, warr history, vehicle build and lots more..

Your always welcome here in MI, red flag or green!

Eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts