Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that I would ever use red dyed or off-road diesel in my truck could the dye affect the optical. At all in any way ???
Local fuel shop was arguing with a customer about this and they both sounded right ,but who was ?

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
I know a guy that has run red fuel for years in a 6.5L and not had an issue from it.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I've had several customers bring DS pumps full of 'farm fuel', some even made the insides of the pump turn pinkish, but I don't remember ever having an optic sensor fail from it. Its not like its a camera lens, discoloration won't hurt it, all it see is 10101010101010101010101010101010101....

·
Registered
148 Posts
most state, county and town trucks run on red fuel, they dont seem to have a problem with it... 6.2 6.5 and 6.6..

Later
Johnny

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Don't worry about it. When you mix off road with 25% WVO you wouldn't think Anything could see thru that but the trucks run beautifully!! Don't ask how I know but it isn't from a friend of a friend of a friend.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
My County truck runs on B20 due to the fleet requirement for alternative fuels stuff from the feds. The gassers all run RFG.

? Never heard that before.
Funny you mention it, because up here, city trucks run B20 biodiesel blends.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts