Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I still buy a receiver mounted Winch? I've looked at a few catalogs and I don't see them listed anymore.

On Edit; I had to make a correction. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
17,954 Posts
Elaborate, please.

A class III or class IV cand be had from almost any auto parts store. The insert for ball only can be had for very little money to go into the reciever.

Now, if you want ball only, the step pad on the rear bumper lifts off and can be trimmed to fit a ball.

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry it should have read winch not hitch, damn paint chips.

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Here is my winch set-up. I mounted my Warn XD 9000 winch on a front mount hitch and cradle from e trailer. It worked out great. I purchased the quick connect cable through 4 Wheel Parts. The hitch and winch cradle are made by Draw Tite and are very well made and easy to install.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/589/dsc02056ex3.jpg
(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/9646/dsc02055kk3.jpg

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Tom S what is it about yours that makes it not stick out as far as AUTOMAGS....I like it tight to the bumper like you have it...

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
hemisareslow;1579732; said:
Tom S what is it about yours that makes it not stick out as far as AUTOMAGS....I like it tight to the bumper like you have it...
I made my own mount out of 2x2 steel (solid, not tube) and a 3/4 plate mounted on top. After making the mount and mounting the winch, I slid it as far in to the hitch as I could and marked the hole in the hitch. Then pulled it back out and drilled the pin hole.

·
Registered
201 Posts
hemi, the end of the hitch is actually flush with the license plate if that helps any. From the picture it appears to stick way out from the bumper though.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
my only dislikes about the multi mounts is that they stick out far. i think if your getting a reciever and mounting one on the front to find a receiver that doesnt drop below the air dam but where you would have to cut a hole in the plastic for it to sit higher giving you a better aproach angle.

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The thing is, I have a Ranch Hand front bumper with a receiver, a Ranch Hand Rear bumber with a receiver, a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and a Toyota pickup. I'd rather just buy one good winch and run cables on all three vehicles than have to buy seperate winches. It's not like it will be left mounted for any amount of time, only when it's needed. I also like the idea of having the power mounts front and back to use as a jumper cable connection.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I also like the idea of having the power mounts front and back to use as a jumper cab

x2

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
BERK;1583304; said:
The thing is, I have a Ranch Hand front bumper with a receiver, a Ranch Hand Rear bumber with a receiver, a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and a Toyota pickup. I'd rather just buy one good winch and run cables on all three vehicles than have to buy seperate winches. It's not like it will be left mounted for any amount of time, only when it's needed. I also like the idea of having the power mounts front and back to use as a jumper cable connection.
get the warn 9.5ti multimounted then, best winch that can be put on a multimount. you will find that the cables are kinda expensive but they sure do come in handy for the winch and if you get jumper cables with quickconnect plug in. i also like to run the interupter kit which let u regulate power to the plugs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts