Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the mail today!!

Recall due to all things ... tailgate cables breaking! To be replaced with stainless when they arrive!! Good catch GM, just how long have we been talking about this one??

Mark

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yep...got mine too.

It read like a "stay tuned" for recall notice then report to your stealer.

Hope I can just pick up the parts and install my self.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Eric,

Haven't been around much the last few months, sometimes life just happens if you know what I mean. I'll have to get either the cables or VR's project (glad to hear he got it done) or WTH both.

Mark

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I went to the dealer, for a service. While I was there, I asked about getting the cables done. Since my truck just ran out of warranty, they told me I had to wait for my notice, in the mail. Mean while, trucks with warranty are getting priority. Not enough cables to go round.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I got the letter too. Notice how it says until stainless steel cables can be installed on your vehicle, do not stand, sit, or apply loads directly onto the tailgate when it's in the full open (horizontal) position. What a bunch of BS! Basically they're saying don't use your truck for it's intended purpose. How sad is that?

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Hey, all. How does one find the VR cable. I'm new to this forum, so no doubt, I have missed the boat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts