Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
First of all I am pretty sure already, that I made a mistake in taking the truck in for the reflash. Had it done Tues. and it ran at high idle rpm Wed and Thur; did not however get the keep driving message. More concerning to me is the fact that the EGT's are a consistant 200 to 250 degrees higher at 60 to 70 mph over my normal driving routes and the ambient has been 20 degrees cooler. That really makes me suspect that there was some pretty strong change in the fuel mapping or could be that they are once again adding some additional cylinder injector fueling at regen.
I was thinking of contacting the dealer when I got a call from the dealership inquiring about my thoughts of their recent serviceing. I offered that I was not pleased to which the response was that a rep would contact me to discuss the issues; I asked that the service manager contact me. He did call back promply and I voiced my concerns; this is a good manager whom I know quite well. Right off the bat I sensed that he was not real high on the programming and alluded to the fact that the EPA likely was involved and that it was his feeling that the standard programming was not cleaning the system well enough and letting it plug more than intended before regenning. When I quizzed him about the higher EGT's he said he would do what he could to get some answers.
I rather doubt that they will provide him with any real information; seems to be the norm anymore.
Now the question; can they reinstall the old programming?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Just talked to my service manager after he had discussed the high EGT issue with GM, and they confirmed that with the new flash they are injecting more fuel at the cylinders to raise exhaust tempretures. This change was mandated by the EPA after their testing indicated that some of the vehicals were not meeting the new emission levels after the trucks were in service for a period of time. Guess they have the power to revoke the certifications as they see fit.
I voiced my concern that from what I was seeing now (plus 200 to 250 degrees), that towing would very likely be as high as 1750 under some circumstances; ie mountain passes, based on prior experiences towing with this truck. I asked if we could re-install the old programming, and after talking to his tech, said that the old programming could not be recaptured.

DO NOT have this reflash done; it cannot be reversed!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.