Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Didn't know there was a concensus. Just going on the available GM description of the reflash and the lack of any new cases of DEF "tank level lockup" since the reflash.
Had the "recalibration" a few weeks ago. Didn't fix the reset problem when fluid was added. Had it back to the dealer today and it still isn't fixed. Did pick up some mileage though.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks for that new info mbro223. If the reflash didn't fix your DEF reset problem I'll be the engineers will be tearing their hair out at this point.
I don't know how "UP" my dealer is on this issue Ted. They haven't even pulled the tank at this point so I think other than the recall they did, its just bandaids. Hope they have a plan before the snow starts flyin'! Its going back in next week. At least the DIC is adding miles to the DEF. I picked it up at the dealer yesterday and it was at 268 miles left. Now its at 273 miles! Oboy! At this rate I'll never have to buy fluid again!

·
Registered
196 Posts
mbro223, I believe I read elsewhere in this forum, from one or more owners with the same problem, that the original tank has to be completely replaced before the reflash. If I remember correctly, the programming problem permanently changed the way the system operated, so replacement is necessary. You could ask your dealer to enquire about this.
Thanks Ted. I'll mention it to them, along with the TSB # in the previous post. I'll get this right yet!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.