Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
I made my appointment at the dealer, and I was told they have to top off the tank in order to complete the reprogram. They told me that I would have to pay for the fluid to top it off and quoted me $40........

I take it in first thing in the morning. Did not want to argue over the phone, but this seems to be some BS....Ill pay if its low and needs a gallon, but do we know if they are draining it or what......

This DEF is becoming a pain. The dealer did not fill it when I bought it, and this is after I told them several times to make sure it was done when they did the PDI. I take it on an out of state trip shortly after and what do I get, a warning that it is low. I put a couple gallons in to get me by and then take it back to the dealer when I get home. I tell them about it, they fill it, and make a damn mess under the hood when they are done. Poor place to put the filler in my opinion, but after filling it at the pump at a Loves Truck stop, which was a pain, then having the dealer do it, I am having second thoughts as to the "Convenience" of it...Hell, I thought it was supposed to help the MPG, and I cant seem to get over 14 around town. I got 17 on a trip when it was unloaded and coasting on the highway.....

OK Rant over.....You can check the For Sale section later if you want a 2011.......

·
Registered
312 Posts
OK, My question on the reflash is: Are they reusing the old fluid or just refilling with new, And how many of you are paying for it?

Seems if its a recall, they would just handle it. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
312 Posts
OK, Got the reflash. They charged me for the DEF to fill it up again? So far, have not noticed anything. Time will tell on the mileage.

Oh, And I have a leak. They say its the upper pan gasket.....Great..........

·
Registered
312 Posts
Both I guess. I had the recall notice that they did and had to top off the fluid for the level to register. Who Knows. I am begining to think they do not even know........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.