Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got my truck back today after having to have the rearend re-done. Not sure how or why but I guess the axel bearings went bad and well thanks to my GMPP it was repaired under warranty. Anyone else ever have a issue similar? Keep in mind I don't race my truck or do any real heavy towing at least nothing over 8k so far.

·
Registered
71 Posts
mine is at the dealer as we speak for the same thing. 20,000 miles

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
did either of you check the fluid level when you got it? Low diff fluid level was pretty common on trucks when I bought mine - had to add more than a quart (almost 2) to mine when I got it to get it up to level.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did either of you check the fluid level when you got it? Low diff fluid level was pretty common on trucks when I bought mine - had to add more than a quart (almost 2) to mine when I got it to get it up to level.

That was something I hadn't done. I had kind of guessed that it was ok since they have checked it everytime they have done an oil change.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Srode is correct , someone in a dealership said the are not payed to check differential fluid , so out the door it goes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Srode is correct , someone in a dealership said the are not payed to check differential fluid , so out the door it goes.

The fact is that I have had the Dealer do the last 2 oil changes and that is one thing I requested and watched the Tech check. He said it was ok and that it looked good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts