Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in the process of rebuilding my 6.5 TD and have not had any experience with smaller diesel motors. I have 2 blocks to work with, the one that was in the truck and the other I acquired elsewhere. The second
6.5 was rebuilt but ended up with a knock after just a few kilometers. Mine had new heads, new timing chain and new IP just before it cratered. Was running like a new moter. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.:help:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm in the process of doing the same thing as you.Iv'e been asking alot of questions so what ever i have learned i would be glad to pass it on.The first thing i would do if i were you was see what casting the two blocks are.The 506 had alot of problems.I just picked up a used motor and the cast is a 599.I think it will be a good one.I took it apart and everything looks ok but it's going to get cooked and make sure it's good.Check out both casting numbers and see what you have.It's a 8 didget number on the back of the block close to where the distributer would be.Just kinda use your judgment but if it were me and i had two different castings,stay away from the 506.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts