Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greatlakes Dragaway-Union Groove, WI-Oct 4, 2003

This guy did a full boost lauch in 4x4. He had the front end straped down but the drivers side strap broke from hopping so much off the line. Left lane.

Made it 100 yds and parked it.

The result....right front bent tie rod.

Bent at the jam nut.

They did bring a portable torch out and heated it up and bent it back. It did drive away.
Edited by: Maverick

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Wickedsprint said:
where the hell is his torsion bar???
Peeking at you thru that octagon hole below and to the right of the yellow bump stop ....

Four wheel drive launches are wicked on the drivetrain and suspension ....

Mac Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Wickedsprint said:
I am retarded, I thought we were looking at the back of the front tire :)

LOL......with you not at you.

Made me think about the movie Tommy Boy.

George

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just wondering, I know there is a company high angle drivetrain out there, do they make components for these trucks? I am thinking about getting slicks when I get my truck just so I don't break this stuff.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rumor has it that Quadzilla is working on up-graded tie rods for the 2500HD and 3500 series trucks. Should be out with-in the month.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
lowered tbars and my beefed up tie rods don't mind 10 psi 4wd launches with a set of 285 BFG AT's on my truck

·
Registered
704 Posts
What is the advantage of lowering the tbars? If it just to get the tie-rods level with the ground?

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
In short answer form: the front wheels won't toe in as easily

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Like I said in another post, anybody try adding a couple more jam nuts.... all jammed together?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Drop the torsion bars, problem solved. We have made 100's of passes with several trucks and no-problems. (boost psi's range from 10# to 45#'s depending on truck-tires-&-track)

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hmmmmmmm

Maybe I better back off on the 4x4 launches when showing off to friends. Noticed 4x4 launches helped keep tread on the rear tires, but I don't want that at the expense of broken tie rods...

The 4x4 launches are great put you in the seat launches though!!!

Bummer

Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.